Invisalign® Clear Aligners in Ventura
You might be surprised to know that Invisalign clear braces can treat most orthodontic cases. Often used to only correct mild dental misalignment, this innovative and discreet straightening system has now proven itself capable of correcting moderate malocclusions as well.
Goldenberg Family Dentistry has helped many of our patients achieve a straighter and healthier smile with Invisalign clear braces.
When you receive your clear braces through a qualified dentist like ours, you can rest assured that they have the expertise to deliver the results you expect. As long as you wear the aligners for the required 22 hours per day and visit us as recommended, you are sure to be satisfied.
What Does Invisalign® Treat?
Goldenberg Family Dentistry recommends this clear aligner system in many of the same situations where traditional braces would be used. However, as a metal-free and removable option, Invisalign® trays address mild orthodontic problems while offering patients improved visual appeal and convenience.
Common issues that can be corrected with Invisalign® include:
- Gaps between teeth: Unwanted spaces may occur in your smile due to teeth that are missing or have moved as part of relapse following previous orthodontic treatment.
- Overcrowding: Identifiable by teeth that appear rotated, overcrowding can make practicing effective at-home oral care difficult, increasing the likelihood of gum disease.
- Crossbite: Uneven wear can result when the bite of one or multiple upper teeth is situated inside the lower teeth. Over time, this may lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Overbite: This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than, or completely cover, the lower teeth. This can contribute to discomfort in the jaw and TMJ disorders.
- Underbite: Similar to an overbite, but involving the projection of the lower teeth beyond the upper teeth, sometimes completely covering them, this issue poses the same risks to jaw health.
The Invisalign Process
At your initial consultation, our dentist will obtain a detailed impression of your bite to send to the Invisalign lab along with thorough notes about your case. After designing the aligners, Invisalign technicians will send us a digital simulation of your smile’s potential progress; then you get to decide whether to receive the treatment. Once your aligners are crafted, our dentist will provide you with the first few sets of aligners and schedule a follow-up appointment. We pay close attention to detail and take special care to make sure that your clear braces have been designed to be as effective as possible. It is important that you follow our instructions and wear the clear aligners for 22 hours per day, every day, and only remove them to eat, brush, and floss. This commitment is the key to success.
The Clear Aligner Difference
The dentists at Goldenberg Family Dentistry are dedicated to offering comprehensive dental treatment and always keep a close eye on the overall condition of your teeth and gums. Straighter teeth are healthier because they don’t overlap, and prevent thorough cleaning. Crowded teeth are more likely to develop tartar and decay which leads directly to gum disease.
Call our Ventura office about our many Invisalign options. There is one for most teens and adults with orthodontic issues.